How to keep your fence wire in top form
There’s no doubt, a well-installed fence line is a key element in your day-to-day tasks: it serves to set boundaries, but above all, it helps keep your livestock and other assets secure.
Giving your fences the required maintenance will help them perform with the excellence you deserve!
Let’s take a look at what you can do to keep your fence at its best:
Start with an assessment
Before taking any action, start with a simple inspection of your entire fence!Closely observe your project, looking out for broken wires, damages to fence posts (rot for wood posts, or rust for metal posts, for example) and other signs of wear and/or deterioration.
Inspecting your fence wires with regularity will allow you to determine which areas need attention, and set a plan of action.
Repairing damaged sections
After you’ve determined which areas you will be replacing or repairing, set yourself up for success with the right tools for the job.
Replacing sections or repairing them should not be an impossible task – this is why STAY-TUFF tools are a must for you!
For bracing, tensioning, splicing and affixing, we have the tools and accessories that will aid you.
There are some general recommendations you should follow in order to maintain your fence:
- As stated previously, inspect it routinely.
- Keep an eye out for weeds, plants or vines – They can grow around posts & wires, compromising their integrity.
- Keep trees trimmed, and bushes under control.
- Don’t neglect your posts! Just as wire, they play a crucial role in keeping fencing tight and under tension. Watch out for signs of deterioration.
- Clean debris that may get caught around your fence wires with regularity.
Locate a store near you!
There is a STAY-TUFF Dealer or Contractor near you!
If you’re looking for chain link fences, electric wire, barbed wire fences, panels, or tools for a successful installation, locate a store near you!
Use our Store Locator to find STAY-TUFF near you!